Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

As you prepare to begin your first week:


-Decide which day you will fast, what exactly that will look like for you, and put it on the calendar.

-Begin to set up your notebook. Suggested sections: 

1) prayer requests section (I have listed a few different areas that I know that I am to pray for and have put that heading at the top of a page to fill in with requests during the 6 weeks), 

2) prayer section if you want to write as you pray, 

3) listening/journaling section where you will answer the question prompts from the daily devotionals or write a response, 

4) section for verses that stand out in your time in the word (I actually started this section from the back of my notebook and worked forward because I didn't know how big that section would need to be, and it became a great way to pray through scripture too), etc. You may want to leave a few pages in the beginning for verses pertaining to prayer.

*sections or pages that I ended up adding as I went along:
-an 'ideas' page that I added to as things came to mind, which I then went back and prayed through to find out if they were ideas from God.
-good quotes
-'things that come to mind that I want to ponder later' :)
-spiritual warfare verses


-And remind those who are praying for you when you are starting and share any requests you have, otherwise ask them to be generally covering you in prayer for the time to set aside, for your time in the word, and for direction.  

And as a reminder, you may want to list these in the front of your notebook, the short version of what you are committing to:

Daily:
-in the word
-prayer
-daily devotional
-listen and write things down
-pray with spouse

-fast one day

And just get started! Don't allow not having some part of this plan in place to keep you from starting. 

(to return to 'watch the ramparts' homepage: click here)

No comments: