Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

He Says, 'I Will Be With You'

-Week 1- Day 5

‘I AM’ BIGGER. 
‘I AM’ ENOUGH, 
And ‘I Am’ with you. 

And THAT FACT makes the difference.   

“And the LORD said, ‘I have surely seen the affliction of My people who are in Egypt, and have given heed to their cry because of their taskmasters, for I am aware of their sufferings.  So I have come down to deliver them from the power of the Egyptians, and to bring them up from that land to a good and spacious land, to a land flowing with milk and honey,………Therefore, come now, and I will send you to Pharaoh, so that you may bring My people, the sons of Israel, out of Egypt.” Exodus 3:7,8,10

The Lord tells Moses that He has come to deliver His people and then continues with ‘how’ He is going to do it: 

“I will send you.” 

What a mysterious truth that we see throughout scripture:  God has a plan, He answers prayer, and He chooses to use us to do so.


“But Moses said to God, ‘Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring the sons of Israel out of Egypt?” verse 11.

A familiar question, right?
God's answer to the 'who am I' question: 

 “Certainly I will be with you….” (Exodus 3:12)

God’s response makes ALL the difference. He is the difference. 

The great ‘I AM’ is more powerful in you (you yielded to Him) than anything that can come against you (even your own emotions and fears).  


“Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?”  (Isaiah 6:8)

May we determine to have an open ear to hear the call, listening in complete humility (the place of entire dependence upon Him), and respond as Isaiah,

 "Here am I. Send me!” (Isaiah 6:8)


-There are needs all around us, and we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which He prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them (Eph. 2:10). Spend some time today surrendering all your fears, your doubts, and your excuses.  
-What would He call you to do to overcome those?
-Press into how the fact that 'He is with you' is a present answer to a current fear or concern or sense of 'lack'?

(This is a part of a 6 week prayer strategy series. To return to 'watch the ramparts' homepage: click here)


No comments: