Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2016

He is Enough

-Week 1- Day 6

“Then Moses said to the LORD, ‘Please, Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither recently nor in time past, nor since You have spoken to Your servant; for I am slow of speech and slow of tongue.” Exodus 4:10

The Lord's answer to Moses' second excuse is the same as the first and even more specific:

 “Who has made man’s mouth? Or who makes him mute or deaf, or seeing or blind? Is it not I, the LORD? Now then go, and I, even I, will be with your mouth, and teach you what you are to say” (verse 11).  And He repeats it again in verse 15, “…I, even I, will be with your mouth…, and I will teach you what you are to do.”

                We see it in Joseph’s life in Genesis 39:2 “And the LORD was with Joseph, so he became a successful man.”

We see it repeated to Joshua “Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, FOR the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 2:9

                Gideon is called a ‘valiant warrior', and Gideon’s response is, "Oh Lord, how shall I deliver Israel? My family is the least, and I am the youngest.... But the Lord said to him, ‘Surely I will be with you,'…” Judges 6:15,16

                Then there is David’s example.  “And David became greater and greater;”..  Why?... “FOR the Lord God of hosts was with him.” 2 Samuel 5:10

That is what makes the difference!

                He tells Jeremiah, “Do not be afraid of them, FOR I am with you to deliver you.” Jeremiah 1:8 (and verse 19)

                And to Paul He says in the night by a vision something we all need to heed, “Do not be afraid any longer, but go on speaking and do not be silent; FOR I am with you…” Acts1:9,10

                Moses’ truths were still his “truths”; Gideon’s truths (I am least and youngest) were still his “truths”.  Joseph was second youngest, David was the youngest… those were still their natural ‘birth orders’… 

God doesn’t care about our natural stature or how the world ‘labels’ us or how we even label ourselves.

God’s truths override our truths…with the fact that “HE IS WITH US” and that FACT makes all the difference in our lives…."for He Himself has said, ‘I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you,’ so that we confidently say, ‘The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid.  What will man do to me?”  Hebrews 13:5,6

Let that fact make all the difference in this day..
                                                  day by day..
                                                               one step of obedience at a time. 

 He is enough to overcome all you consider true about ‘your lack’.  He is the difference between the statement: “Who am I? I can’t.”  and the statement: “Here am I. Send me.”

  All glory to God. 

May we exchange all the “I can’t, who am I?”s 

for….

“Because You are with me, I will not be afraid.  Here am I. Send me.”



-What are your 'current excuses'?  List them so that you can see them in black and white and outside of your head. Sometimes what makes sense in our heads can be revealed as foolishness on paper. 

He answers your excuses with, 'I am with you.'

So go, be strong and very courageous, do not tremble or be dismayed.

“When I am afraid, I will put my trust in You. 
In God, whose word I praise
In God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid.  
What can mere man do to me?” Psalm 56:3,4

(This is part of a 6 week prayer strategy series. To return to 'watch the ramparts' homepage: click here)



No comments: